Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog #6 CATW Practice 1


Music is a part of the medical field. Music therapy seems to work with helping patients recover. The body and mind reacts to music in powerful ways when using music therapy. Certain beats gives a person different brain wave levels. Music therapy is there by categorized as your emotions. I would have to agree with Elizabeth Scott when she wrote the article Is music a good tool for health?
            Music has been around for many years. Everyone has their own taste in music. There are many different categories to choose from. When I’m mad I would normally go for a long walk and put my iPod on the loudest it can possibly go. Trying to calm down I turn to certain song/s and beginning sing with it. By the time a few songs are over I feel a bit better. I guess in my case I us music as an anger management therapy along with my walk. By the time I come back home I’m in a better mood than what I left in.
            Music helps heal from a long week. You could have the worst week of the year and end up attending a BBQ on the weekend with music playing. The music would make you want to dance and forget about the bad week. Dancing changes you r mood and helps your blood flow. Listing to music gets you up on your feet no matter is its fast or slow.
            Music helps in elevators. You may find yourself impatient when ridding in elevators. Some of us end up humming to the elevator music as we ride up or down. Look at that your mood has changed already. If there was no music to hum to I personally would pushing my floor butting more than once. Elevator music puts your mind at ease when going to work or an appointment.
            Without music we would have no way of calming down, or to forget about a bad week and have a good time. with music to help us there will be more angry people on the elevator and bad days. We may not really pay attention to why there’s music in elevators, but it does help keep us stable.and possibly even heal. Music therapy is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment